Pastoral Support Assistant Grade D, £20,043 (actual salary £17,240)
37 hours per week, term time only plus 1 week
Start: September 2022
We welcome applications for the position of Pastoral Support Assistant. The successful candidate will play a key part of the school’s pastoral system, working with Year Leaders to support students through their secondary school life cycle. The successful candidate must be able to relate to young people and parents/carers from different social backgrounds and have the ability to liaise with staff and other stakeholders at all levels. The role involves a high level of physical walking activity.
Acklam Grange School and Linthorpe Community Primary School converted to academies on 1 July 2018 and are co-founders of The Legacy Learning Trust multi academy trust, with a shared vision:
Placing learners and learning at the heart of all that we do
Acklam Grange School is a large, 11 – 16 urban, multi-cultural secondary school (NOR 1446) with first class facilities in new campus-style BSF buildings. We place the students at the heart of all that we do.
We place the students at the heart of all that we do. We offer you:
- A school ranked in the top 20% of in the country for student progress for five years
- A chance to join our National Award winning school for ’Outstanding Secondary School Progress’ by the Education Business Awards.
- The top performing school overall in Middlesbrough for five years running up to 2019 GCSE results and ranked one of the top 5 in the Real Schools’ Guide of Teesside state secondary schools for 5 years.
- A school with consistently outstanding GCSE results across subjects for 4 years running, with 27 subjects performing above national 2019 results.
- A school where 76% of students achieved a standard pass (9-4) in English and Maths and 52% achieved a strong pass (9-5) for 2021.
- A commitment to both academic and pastoral success with SMSC as a driving force and
- An SSAT Award winning school for 6 years
- A staff well-being package supported by a serving NHS practitioner which is nationally
- A nationally recognised, bespoke professional development programme – AGS
- A school with a broad and balanced curriculum where all subjects are valued and students are taught through pathways.
- A comprehensive, inclusive, family working environment firmly rooted in our local
To apply please visit www.agsrecruit.com. Please refer to the supporting documentation, and complete the application form.
Please return it electronically to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 15 July 2022, 12 noon
Interview date: Tuesday 19 July 2022
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.