Grade D, £18,319
37 hours per week, whole year working
We are looking to appoint a Caretaker to join our dedicated Site Team to ensure the school buildings and grounds are maintained to a high standard and to promote Health and Safety practices across the school. Practical skills in general maintenance are essential. An awareness of health and safety standards and grounds maintenance is desirable.
Acklam Grange School and Linthorpe Community Primary School converted to academies on July 1 2018 and are co-founders of The Legacy Learning Trust multi academy trust, with a shared vision:
Placing learners and learning at the heart of all that we do
Acklam Grange School is a large, 11 – 16 urban, multi-cultural secondary school (NOR 1451) with
first class facilities in new campus-style BSF buildings. We are an improving school seeking to recruit excellent staff.
We have recently been awarded Teaching School status, providing high quality training, development and support to new and experienced school staff.
We place the students at the heart of all that we do. We offer:
- A school ranked in the top 10% of in the country for student progress and top 10% for attainment receiving SSAT national awards two year running.
- The top performing school overall in Middlesbrough and ranked number 1 in the Real Schools’ Guide of the top 10 Teesside state secondary schools.
- A continuous improving trend of GCSE results including 9-4 English & Maths 74%, 84% 9-4 English, 80% 9-4 Maths with 28 subjects performing above national figures.
- A nationally recognised, bespoke professional development programme – AGS Inspire.
- A comprehensive, inclusive, family working environment firmly rooted in our local community
- A commitment to both academic and pastoral success with SMSC as a driving force and strength
- Staff well-being package supported by a serving NHS practitioner and nationally recognised.
Please refer to the supporting documentation, and complete the application form and return it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 20 August 2018, 12 noon
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.