One to One Tutor (Maths)
Casual Contract until July 2021
30 hours per week
£17.23 – £24.77 per hour (holiday pay included in hourly rate)
We are looking to appoint a motivated, outstanding practitioner to join our highly successful dedicated team in the Maths Faculty.
Acklam Grange School and Linthorpe Community Primary School converted to academies on 01 July 2018 and are co-founders of The Legacy Learning Trust multi academy trust, with a shared vision:
Placing learners and learning at the heart of all that we do
Acklam Grange School is a large, 11 – 16 urban, multi-cultural secondary school (NOR 1446) with first class facilities in new campus-style BSF buildings. We place the students at the heart of all that we do.
We gained Teaching School status in 2017 to provide high quality training, development and support to new and experienced school staff.
We place the students at the heart of all that we do. We offer you:
- A school ranked in the top 20% of in the country for student progress for five years running.
- A school with a broad and balanced curriculum where all subjects are valued and students are taught through pathways.
- National Award winner for ’Outstanding Secondary School Progress 2018’ by the Education Business Awards.
- The top performing school overall in Middlesbrough for five years running and ranked one of the top 5 in the Real Schools’ Guide of Teesside state secondary schools for 3 years.
- Consistently outstanding GCSE results across all subjects for 3 years running, with 27 subjects performing above national.
- 76% of students achieved a standard pass (9-4) in English and Maths and 50% achieved a strong pass (9-5) for 2020.
- A nationally recognised, bespoke professional development programme – AGS Inspire.
- A comprehensive, inclusive, family working environment firmly rooted in our local community.
- A commitment to both academic and pastoral success with SMSC as a driving force and strength.
- Staff well-being package supported by a serving NHS practitioner which is nationally recognised.
- SSAT Award winners for 6 years running.
To apply please refer to the supporting documentation, and complete the application form.
Please return it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 2 November 2020 12 noon
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.