Assistant Headteacher (Pastoral)
L12 – L16
Start: September 2019
We are seeking to appoint an innovative, dynamic and inspirational Assistant Headteacher to join our SLT team. This is an opportunity for an outstanding candidate, who is an exemplary teacher and leader who can inspire others. A strong pastoral background is desirable.
Acklam Grange School and Linthorpe Community Primary School converted to academies on July 1 2018 and are co-founders of The Legacy Learning Trust multi academy trust, with a shared vision:
Placing learners and learning at the heart of all that we do
Acklam Grange School is a large, 11 – 16 urban, multi-cultural secondary school (NOR 1441) with
first class facilities in new campus-style BSF buildings. We place the students at the heart of all that we do.
We gained Teaching School status in 2017 to provide high quality training, development and support to new and experienced school staff.
Our achievements and offer are:
- National Award winner for ’Outstanding Secondary School Progress 2018’ by the Education Business Awards.
- A school ranked in the top 10% of in the country for student progress three years running.
- The top performing school overall in Middlesbrough and ranked number 1 in the Real Schools’ Guide of the top 10 Teesside state secondary schools.
- A continuous improving trend of GCSE results including 9-4 English & Maths 65%, 79% 9-4 English, 70% 9-4 Maths with 27 subjects performing above national figures.
- A nationally recognised, bespoke professional development programme – AGS Inspire.
- A comprehensive, inclusive, family working environment firmly rooted in our local community
- A commitment to both academic and pastoral success with SMSC as a driving force and strength
- Staff well-being package supported by a serving NHS practitioner and nationally recognised.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Provide inspirational leadership in major aspects of school to ensure success, high quality education and high standards for all our students
- Demonstrate a proven record and commitment to school improvement with evidence of a range of successful leadership activity and outstanding performance in their current roles
- Be a strategic thinker, able to add to the effectiveness of the school priorities to realise outstanding standards
- Build on existing initiatives to improve standards; to achieve the best outcomes for each student
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintain the positive and family ethos of the school
- Promote and develop our PRIDE values, student voice, student leadership, British Values and SMSC within a multi-cultural school
Interested parties should visit our website for more information about the school and the post.
We encourage you to visit our school before submitting your application. Please contact Miss Rebecca McGurrell, Human Resources Manager on 01642 277700 to arrange an appointment.
To apply please visit www.agsrecruit.com. Please refer to the supporting documentation, and complete the application form and return it electronically to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 29 April 2019, 12 noon
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.